Five Chinese Companies Added to Entity List Over Xinjiang Labor Practices
- Hoshine Silicon Industry (Shanshan) Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Daqo New Energy Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang East Hope Nonferrous Metals Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang GCL New Energy Material Technology Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps (XPCC)
The listings are based on the companies' "participating in the practice of, accepting, or utilizing forced labor involving Uyghurs and other Muslim minority groups" in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region and are the latest in a series of similar listings which began in 2019. The listings create a license requirement for all items subject to the EAR, with a presumption of denial for most items. Case-by-case review is available for a handful of specified ECCNs and "items necessary to detect, identify and treat infectious disease."
The Entity List is subject to daily change. These listings are an important reminder of the need for continuous screening of customers and other business connections around the world.